General healthcare services
Te Awamutu Medical Centre offers a full range of general healthcare services, from nurses’ appointments to minor surgery
We regularly have visiting surgeons and specialists available for your particular health issue, and our Casualty clinic is available for accidents and urgent medical issues that cannot wait for the next available GP appointment.
We’re conveniently placed next door to complementary medical services, making it easy for you to access all your health professionals.
- SOAR Physio has six treatment rooms and four physiotherapists on-site to help your recovery, whether following accident or surgery.
- Hamilton Radiology provides X-rays and ultrasounds, and can forward your results directly to your GP or specialist.
- Unichem Marshalls Pharmacy dispense prescription and over-the-counter medications, provide sports and beauty supplies, and offer general health advice.
- Pathlab provide diagnostic medical testing, including blood and urine tests.
Te Awamutu Medical Centre has a specialist nurse-led clinic that performs specific community health services. These include:
- Cervical smears
- Sexual health and contraception (free if you’re under 25)
- Pregnancy testing (free if you’re under 25)
- Pre-employment medicals
- B4School Check
- Asthma education
- Smoking cessation
- Flu vaccines
- Blood pressure checks
- Diabetes annual review
- Plastering for simple fractures
- Aclasta infusion